Led's heat dissipation problem is the biggest problem for LED manufacturers, but we can use aluminum substrates, because aluminum has a high thermal conductivity and good heat dissipation, which can effectively export the internal heat. The aluminum substrate is a unique metal-based copper clad laminate with good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and mechanical processing properties. The PCB should also be placed close to the aluminum base as much as possible during design to reduce the thermal resistance of the potting compound.
First, the characteristics of aluminum substrate
1. Adopt surface mount technology (SMT);
2. Perform extremely effective processing of thermal diffusion in circuit design schemes;
3. Reduce product operating temperature, improve product power density and reliability, and extend product life;
4. Reduce product volume, reduce hardware and assembly costs;
5. Replace brittle ceramic substrates for better mechanical durability.
Second, the structure of aluminum substrate
Aluminum-based copper clad laminate is a kind of metal circuit board material composed of copper foil, thermal insulation layer and metal substrate. Its structure is divided into three layers:
Cireuitl.Layer : equivalent to ordinary PCB copper clad laminates, the thickness of the line copper foil loz to 10oz.
Insulation layer: The insulation layer is a layer of low thermal resistance thermal insulation material.
base layer: is a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper can be selected. Aluminum-based copper clad laminates and traditional epoxy glass cloth laminates.
The circuit layer (ie, copper foil) is usually etched to form a printed circuit, which connects the components of the device to each other. In general, the circuit layer requires a large current-carrying capacity, so a thicker copper foil should be used, and the thickness is generally 35 μm. 280μm; thermal insulation layer is the core technology of aluminum substrate, it is generally made of special polymer filled with special polymer, small thermal resistance, excellent viscoelastic properties, has the ability of resistance to thermal aging, able to withstand mechanical and thermal stress.
The thermal insulation layer of the high-performance aluminum substrate is the use of this technology, it has very good thermal conductivity and high-strength electrical insulation properties; metal base layer is a support member of the aluminum substrate, requiring high thermal conductivity, generally aluminum Copper plates can also be used (where copper plates provide better thermal conductivity), suitable for conventional machining such as drilling, punching and cutting. PCB materials have advantages over other materials. Suitable for SMT mounting of power components. No radiator is required, the volume is greatly reduced, the heat dissipation effect is excellent, and the insulation and mechanical properties are good.
Third, the use of aluminum substrates:
Uses: Power Hybrid IC (HIC).
1. Audio equipment: input and output amplifiers, balanced amplifiers, audio amplifiers, preamplifiers, power amplifiers, etc.
2. Power supply: Switching regulator `DC/AC converter` SW regulator etc.
3. Communication electronic equipment: high-frequency amplifier `filtering appliances` transmission circuit.
4. Office Automation Equipment: Motor Drives, etc.
5. Cars: Electronic Regulators, Ignition, Power Controllers, etc.
6. Computer: CPU board `floppy disk drive` power supply device.
7. Power Modules: Inverters, Solid Relays, Rectifier Bridges, etc.
Contact: Lillian Zhu
Add: Hongtian industry,baoan area,shenzhen city,guangdong ,china